Page 2 of 7
Current Research Activities:
- Structure/properties investigations of biodegradable polymeric scaffolds from the perspective of tissue engineering applications.
- Electrospinning of nanofibers for biomedical applications
- Investigations of biodegradable scaffold biological functionality through in-vitro tests using various cells types.
- Electrospun polymeric nanofiber-based drug delivery systems.
- Surface functionalization of polymers for tissue engineering applications
- Investigations of injectable hybrid hydrogels filled with nanofibers for tissue regeneration, e.g. for central nervous system (CNS) regeneration
- Investigations of polymer crystallization kinetics under various external conditions:
- nonisothermal crystallization at ultra fast cooling rates, 106 K/s
- crystallization under geometrical confinement in the core part of electrospun core-shell fibers.
- Investigations of polymorphic transitions in polymers.
- Kinetyka przemian polimorficznych w polimerach.
- Development of the system for crystallization kinetics investigations using depolarized light intensity technique.
- Synthetic polymers
- natural polymers
- tissue engineering
- regeneration medicine
- polymer structure
- cellular investigations
- crystallization kinetics
- non-isothermal crystallization
- polymorphic transitions