Page 3 of 8
Current Research Activities:
- Instability of liquid jets, nano-jets and nanofibres, electrospinning of biofibres.
- Stochastic modelling of immune response and gene expression, dynamics of peptide and DNA chains.
- Theory of mechano-chemical coupling in cells, modelling calcium waves, propagation of nonlinear waves in tissue, regulatory processes in cells.
- Applications of dynamical systems and stochastic processes to biological systems: analysis of neuron response.
- Microfluidics, transport processes in micro-scale, micro-emulsions, numerical modelling of micro and nano-scale flow problems, molecular dynamics, dissipative particles method.
- Hydrodynamic interactions for finite number of particles in Stokes flow.
- Simulation of atmospheric flows, thermal convection, effect of turbulence on diffusion processes in cloud, laboratory model of atmospheric cloud.
- Mathematical description of superfluidity with a particular stress on the role of quantum vortices.
- Effective transport coefficients applying Padé approximates.
- Natural convection with phase change and free surface, experimental and numerical investigation of solidification process, crystal growth and casting simulations.
- Development of methods for verification and validation of numerical models of themally driven flows, experimental benchmarks.
- Image processing in fluid mechanics, high speed video imaging, instantaneous measurements of temperature and velocity fields (Particle Image Velocimetry and Thermometry), conductive tomography, non-intrusive measurements of the surface tension.
- Gene expression, peptide chains, DNA chains, calcium waves, neuroscience.
- Dispersed media, hydrodynamic interactions, effective transport coefficients, Padée approximants.
- Nanofibres, microfluidics, micro and nano particles.
- Molecular Dynamics, Dissipative Particle Dynamics.
- Phase changes, natural convection, experimental and numerical methods.
- Particle Image Velocimetry and Thermometry, stereo-PIV, micro-PIV, thermochromic liquid crystals, image processing.
- Diffusion-reaction equations, chaos, superfluidity, phase changes, quantum vortex.
- Atmospheric flows, turbulence in clouds.
- Verification and validation of numerical models, experimental benchmarks.