Page 3 of 8
Current Research Activities:
- Experimental investigations of mechanical properties of materials and structural elements under uniaxial and complex stress states, including:
- determination of yield surface and its changes due to different loading history of standard and novel engineering materials including functional materials,
- determination of plastic anisotropy and its variations due to plastic deformation and time,
- creep testing of materials,
- evaluation of the influence of plastic deformation history on creep characteristics of materials,
- evaluation of the effect of strain rate on the mechanical properties of engineering materials,
- mechanical properties of materials under proportional and non-proportional cycle loading,
- testing of fatigue, fracture and damage of materials,
- fracture toughness testing of materials,
- identification of mechanical properties of materials.
- Investigations of phenomena in laser material processing:
- laser welding: process engineering problems, plasma role, keyhole oscillations, optical and acoustic signals emitted during welding,
- laser surface modification: hardening, alloying, corrosion resistance,
- laser forming of metal elements,
- sensing and monitoring; welding, surface modification, forming.
- Application of ultrasonic methods for materials testing:
- non-destructive testing of materials and technical objects,
- ultrasonic stress evaluation,
- design of sensors and equipment.
- Investigation of microplastic effects and formation of dislocation systems in ceramics and composites.
- Development of new diagnostic methods of testing of materials and objects with application of acoustic emission method.
- plasticity, creep, dynamic and cyclic loading, load carrying capacity, fatigue, fracture toughness, strain localization, technological laser, laser material processing, laser welding, laser hardening, laser surface processing, laser forming, laser cutting.