Page 3 of 8
Current Research Activities:
- High-frequency ultrasonography (20-50MHz) for skin and eye examinations.
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopy - development of acoustic microscopes, imaging techniques (C-scan, B-scan and 3D, amplitude and phase imaging) and measuring procedures in low frequency (35MHz-200MHz) range. Visualization of surface and interior of solids and biological materials using waves of the frequency up to 1GHz. Acoustic microscope image interpretation and surface layers investigation with leaky surface waves.
- Bones sonography - development of instrumentations and techniques for the complex (high and low frequency range) characterization of the cancellous bone, including acoustic microscopy of a single trabeculae and investigations of the trabecular bone structure by sound transmission and scattering. Simulation study of the influence of the structural properties of the bone on the scattered signal.
- Nonlinear acoustics - nonlinear propagation, modeling, solvers.
- Coded Ultrasonography - hardware and software based coding (Golay, Barker, Chirp) instrumentation.
- Mathematical models of coupled fields phenomena in biomaterials.
- Modelling of functional bone adaptation in application to bone remodelling after hip joint implantation, tissue differentiation at the interface bone-metalic implant and osteoporosis development.
- Design and measurement of ultrasonic transmit-receive transducers (PZT and thick films).
- Hematocrit estimation using Doppler signal processing.
- Developments of Doppler instrumentation for blood flow measurements (2 - 32 MHz).
- Noninvasive determination of the elasticity of artery walls and the input vessel impedance in the system of human peripheral arteries using the ultrasonic Doppler method.
- Basic research on acoustic streaming, heat effects in ultrasound beams.
- Wave phenomena in materials and planar structures:
- investigation of diffraction, electromagnetic and acoustic scattering in anisotropic media,
- coupled electro-mechanical waves in piezoelectrics,
- theory of planar distributed transducers of surface, subsurface and bulk waves,
- modeling of electro-mechanical devices for radioelectronics with experimental verification.
- ultrasonics, medical diagnostics, ultrasonography, ultrasonic doppler, shock wave, lithotripsy, contrast agents, ultrasonics microscopie, microsonography, ultrasonic transducers, ultrasound waves in lossy media.